Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer consignment sorting?
- No consignment sorting is performed.
- What is the approximate cost of testing for sorting and processing?
- Varies depending on the nature of the test. For details, please contact us through the web form.
- What is the required quantity of raw material samples?
- It varies depending on the model, but a rough estimate is as follows.
- For optical sorting machines [about 5 kg].
- For processing machines [about 30 kg].
- What size material can be put through the sorting machine?
- It varies depending on the model, but the guideline is as follows.
- Chute type [approx. 2mm (sesame seed size) to approx. 15mm (peanut size)]
- Belt type[for a wide variety of materials]
*Please consult us separately.
- What is the size of a defective part that can be detected?
- Basically, the size that can be detected is approximately 0.5 mm or more for both chute and belt types.
*We also have a sorting machine that detects finer defects.
- What are the pre-test procedures?
- After receiving your application via web form or other means, our representative will contact you. After a detailed hearing, you will be asked to send the raw materials to our center. Please see this page for more details.
- Where can I send samples of raw materials?
- Please send them to Satake Sorting and Processing Integrated Center, in charge of sorting and processing tests. Click here for the address.
- Are there any precautions when sending raw material samples?
- Place raw materials and defective products in separate bags. Please prepare about 10 pieces of defective products per variety.
- When will the test be conducted?
- It depends on the raw materials and the contents of the test, but as a general guideline, the actual test will be conducted approximately 1 to 2 months after the application is received. For details, please contact us through the web form.
- Can I get a report of the test results?
- You will receive a report with detailed results within 10 business days after the test is conducted.
- I don't know what kind of sorting machines the raw materials can handle, can you confirm this in advance?
- We will select the model here, so please send us first a small amount of 10g or more good items and the defective items you wish to sort separately. For details, please contact us using the web form.
- Can I bring in raw materials on the day of the test?
- In order to ensure high accuracy of the test, it is basically preferable to send us the raw materials in advance. However, we will be flexible to accommodate customers' circumstances, so please consult us separately.
We would be happy to discuss with you the sample testing process, the possibility of sorting raw materials not included in our case studies, or any other concerns which might be solved by our sorting and processing technology. Please feel free to contact us.